Sunday, 31 July 2011

Felt Flower Ball




Materials: 
Polyfoam Ball - 100mm
Felt - Maybe 10/15 sheets
Dressmaking Pins
Scissors
Circle to trace
Pen 
Ribbon (optional)




Step 1.
Start by cutting out circles approx 5 cm, You can do what ever you like, but I would suggest that you try to use all of the felt sheet.


I didn't count how many I cut out. But it is a lot. I used about 15 sheets of felt. ( Lucky they were on sale)



Step 2:
Fold in half


Step 3:
Fold it over again


Should look like this

Step 4: 
Put the pin through the bottom on the peak.

 Step 5:
 Then pin onto the ball


Should look like this



Step 6: 
Keep on going around the ball. Pin in different directions.





Then you should have a pretty ball.


You can attach a ribbon to the top to hang the ball from a mantle piece.


Multi coloured would look cute too.


I use mine as a centre piece on the dinner table.




Have Fun
Danielle

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Jill of oursevendwarfs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! They look like they'd hold up a lot better than some of the paper flower balls! I will have to try this :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! I love making things with felt! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flower balls are awesome! I have been trying to find two balls in a color to match my craft room and haven't been able to find anything. Now I can make my own! Thanks!

    I would love for you to link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog part which is still happening at: http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/homemade-monday-parties

    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete