Tuesday, 19 July 2011

How to Make Yoyo's


HOW TO MAKE FABRIC YO'YO'S  




Materials:

Scrap Fabric
Buttons
Scissors
Pen
Circle
Needle & Tread
Hair clips or broach pins




Step 1: 


Draw around 2 circles and cut out.


Your Yoyo will half in size, so keep this in mind when choosing a circle size.




Step 2:


Cut




Step 3:


With a needle & tread sew 1/4" from the end, go around the untie circle.



It might start to pull & look like this.



Step 4: 


Pull thread tight & make a couple of stitches to secure your gathers, then knot and trim your thread. Squash your yo-yo flat, with the gathers centred on the top of the yo-yo. 


All done!


Turn them into anything. Clips, Broaches, Gift decorations, whatever!!!


Please leave a comment with your link, I'd love to see what you make.

Thanks
Danielle

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this. I love these and need to try making some. Thanks so much for sharing this - it is a great tutorial and I'm thinking I might could do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by. Give it try, however they are addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Just found your blog through the link party "DIY under $5" - Love it already! :) I'm ready to try yo-yo's too, and this is a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing - The double yo-yo's with contrasting fabric are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try making head bands with them? I love all your stuff but am too lazy to make them. Any plans on maybe selling your things online for people like me to buy them from you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just trying out some more designs at the moment, then I may open up an Etsy Store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this great tutorial! I love it! I love finding new things to try out!
    Stephanie
    mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your tutorial style. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great yoyos!! I love anything yoyo! Of course, I cheat and bought the yoyo makers.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very nice and easy! I like that cute little button as an embellishment. It’s as cute as HairClippy.com’s Nahla hair clip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonne idée
    1000 Merci
    Sorry dot no preek englich :)
    Evlyn

    ReplyDelete