Sunday, 14 August 2011

Make your Own Clothing Labels






I've always wanted to have my personalised labels, but really didn't want to spend $50 - $100 on bulk buying.

But, I do think it makes a hand made gift look special & a little more professional. 

So I remembered that I had t-shirt transfer paper. 
I thought I'd see how it worked out. on a couple of different fabrics


Materials:

Transfer paper (on light fabrics)
Computer
Heading Tape
Binding Tape
Ribbon (what ever type of label you want)
Scissors
Iron
Pretty Storage Container

Step 1: Typed up my name and printed it on plain paper a few times to get the size correct.
You must make sure you flip the image, because when ironed on it will read right.

Please Note:  I am really not that great on the computer, so after a lot of goggling, I finally found out how to flip the image!!

I used Microsoft Word, once I had typed it up, I went to Print Setup - Advanced Options - Mirror Image (it is turned off) Turn On
I also found out, that you MUST change it for every separate print you do.


Step 2: Print onto transfer paper



Step 3: Cut them out





Step 4: Please print down on tape (fabric)


Step 5: Follow the iron on transfer steps - temperature & time 


Should look like this


All Done


Personally I really like the heading tape label. It's cheap, gives texture & looks nice once sewed on.


Danielle

12 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!! Just pinned this with my project ideas! Maybe one of these days I'll get around to sewing up some cute things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I liked your facebook fanpage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is such a great idea. i saw this a few months ago over at smallbirdie.com
    http://www.smallbirdie.com/2011/05/my-own-labels.html. They look great! and lovely colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a great idea. I need to look for transfer paper. I've been making mine one at a time with fabric markers. This seems much easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful idea! I just used the same tape to label my kids school uniforms — but I just used a Sharpie and it was not at all cool. Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly! I had no idea you could do this!!! So smart...I gotta try it! Do your labels ever fade or peel off? Thanks a ton for sharing this project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Labels can be so expensive... this is a great option! I'd love for you to link this up with Creative Me Monday! You can link up through tomorrow night... here's the link:

    http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/09/creative-me-monday_18.html?utm_source=BP_recent

    Hope to see you there!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly what I need! I just about spent over$100 on buying some! Thank you so much for sharing! Im so excited!
    I would love it if you linked up to my party so I can feature it!
    Have a great evening!
    Tasha dotdotdotthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for posting this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a question....where do you find the "heading tape?" I'm not exactly sure what this is so I wasn't sure where to look in my fabric and craft stores. thanks!

    ReplyDelete