Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Make Your Own Party Pinata From A Nappy Box - DIY


For Zac's 3rd Birthday he wanted a "Toy Story Party".
 I made him a Pinata.
It was back in Feburay way before I even knew about the blogging world. 
I did goggle and found a Tut on how to make it. I've tried looking for it again to link back to the site, but I can't find it any more. (Sorry)



Jessie & Woody!

For this tutorial I made a Hen's Party Pinata for my friend over at All The Whimsical Things 

What you need:
Nappy Box
Scissors
Pen & Circle (plate)
Glue
Masking Tape 
Card Broad
Crepe Paper



Step 1: Flatten Nappy Box Out (Please don't look at my dirty rug) 



Step 2: I used a dinner plate to trace out 2 circles.
Cut off the bottom of the box, this is perfect for the sides of the piñata.



Step 3: Measure around the Circle to see how much you need. Allow extra.



Step3: Sticky Tape together



Step 4: Should be looking something like this now. 
Roll the sides on a table to make them curve a little. 


Step 5: Stick the Side on 1 Circle. MAKE SURE THAT YOU FACE THE INSIDE OF THE BOX TO THE FRONT.(NO PRINT) It makes it easier to cover later on.


Step 6: Cut off excess & tape across the top.



Step 7: Cut a flap in the top for the lollies to go in.



Step 8: Tape on 2nd Circle.
I put extra tape on it, only because it was for adults.
It does take a long time to break for the kids.


Step 9: Cover the whole Piñata with Card board. 









Step 10: Cut up some stripes of Crepe Paper.



Step 11: Place glue on the side & Ruffle up small stripes of Crepe Paper.  




Step 12: Continue the whole way around, with 3 stripes. You may need to wait for it to dry to turn it around. The Crepe paper does run ink a little.


Step 13: Print up a picture & stick on front.  Add some more Ruffles on the front.



Finally you can add the lollies, add some string to the flap, tape it down & hit away!


All made for $3 plus some yummy lollies!


Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your great work! It was almost unbreakable until we got the wooden broom out! I'll give you some photos when I can find the cord. Thanks Dan, your the best! Love Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this!! I also made a pinata for my daughter's birthday- it was alot of fun.

    I'd be honored if you'd visit and link to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings party going on now until noon Saturday!!
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings-4.html

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete