Saturday, 27 August 2011

Superhero Shoes - DIY

A while back I blogged about the Superhero Shoes.
Due to popular demand 
I will show you how I made them.



Materials: 
Craft Glue
2 x Hard Felt - It's next to the felt area. ( Mine was sparkle)
Runners
Hole Punch
Paper, Scissors, Pen
& A Cute little Superhero to wear them



Step 1:
Trace the wings onto paper.
I used computer paper & put the original picture on the computer screen, turned the lights off in the room & lightly traced the image to get an idea of the shape ( Because I am not the greatest drawer)

Step 2: 
You need to play around with the design to see what suits.
Once it is good. Place the sketch up next to shoe, with it in position, mark where the shoe lace holes are. (Above picture) 


 Step 3: Cut out one from the black felt.






Step 4: Trace the black one onto paper & cut the red one smaller. Should look like above picture.




Step 5: With them together place paper cut out over wings and hole punch over the paper, through to the felt wings.



Step 6:
Glue together, let dry, make the second wing. 
BUT MAKE SURE YOU RESERVE THE WING IMAGE, OR IT WON'T GO ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SHOE.

Step 7: Lace through 

&

FLY SUPERHERO!!!!







Enjoy

Danielle

16 comments:

  1. I love these shows and I bet my boys would too - all 3 of my kids are super hero crazed at the moment - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! SO cute!

    I'd be honored if you'd link up to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings party going on now!! http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings-4.html



    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome. My little guy would go crazy for them! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy! Joy! Joy! I was hoping you would post a how-to. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stinkin' cute! I LOVE these! No doubt my little boys would too- thanks for showing how to make them so I can give it a try when sandal days are over! :) So glad to have found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I had been trying to figure out something to do to jazz up my girls shoes for a batgirl costume and and I think I just found it. Too cool! Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have officially been pinned! This is really cute...My son is more of a hiking boot kinda kid so I'm gonna make him these wings but for boots...Thanks.

    Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party every Friday at RoCa and Company. Come and show off what you got this coming Friday. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @
    RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh...these are the cutest boy shoes EVER! i hope you will link these up to diy diva thursdays...they are so great!!!

    kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, these are so awesome! My little guy would love them for sure! Found you through TT&J Weekend Wrap up! Would love for you to stop by sometime http://fabulouslydomesticbyambrosia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wondered what to do with hard felt! This would make a great Christmas present for my super hero crazed nephews. Btw, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, so much! Very Jeremy Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable, thanks for sharing the tutorial! I am pinning it to make my son some for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. K. These are adorable and my little boys would LOVE them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing ! I've got to make these for myself : D Who says only little kids could have fun with glitter shoe flames? Not this guy!

    ReplyDelete