Sunday, 27 November 2011

Crayon Canvas - Rainbow Party

These are splashed all over Pinterest
I always wanted to make one, so it was perfect for the Rainbow Party.



Here's how I made it.


Materials:
2 x packs of Crayons
Hot Glue Gun
Hair dryer


I used two packets of crayons to get more of the same colours.
I took out the black & browns
Grouped them together.
Lay them on the canvas to see if you need to removed any or add more.

Hot glue each crayon. You must be quick, as it dries fast 


All Glued on

My Assistant

It's very Important to always keep the hair dryer on low airflow with hot air, or on medium.
I didn't and it starts to spatter every where. (below Image)


Keep it nice & close, melt from the middle of the crayons down.

Do as much melting as you like. 
It does dry super fast, but you can just remelt again.


All Done!

Make sure you check out my Rainbow Party


Danielle

5 comments:

  1. I always wondered how these were done! Thanks for sharing, yours turned out amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have never guessed it was from the actual crayons color. this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your assistant had to have so much fun with this! When the little chunk here is big enough to be my assistant we just have to do this! Did you hang it on his wall afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I want to make this for my son's playroom.

    I am following your blog now.
    Check out my blog, I am having a giveaway that ends 12/14

    http://thetrishfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your site is really pretty cool. You have some great ideas here. Keep up the great thinking!

    ReplyDelete