Sunday, 11 December 2011

Rainbow Cake - Rainbow Party

This Rainbow Cake is the best cake ever!!!
I got the idea from Whisk Kid, she even appeared on The Martha Stewart Show, because its so awesome.





WOW HEY???

I'll give you a few tips.

I made my cake a week before the party & froze each layer in glad wrap.
I only had one pan so it was easier.

I used a normal butter cake recipe & after I mixed it all together I weighed the batter to make half exactly.

I didn't cut the top off the cake at all, it just seemed to be quite flat on top.

You should use food gel, it gives a much better colour.

I piped the frosting in between each layer while the cake was still frozen.
If you are making on the day and the cake is fresh, it's best to put in freezer for 15 minutes, that way the crumbs from the cake won't mix into the frosting too much.




I have seen the cake in shades of pink, it's looks really pretty.


Check out the rest of the Rainbow Party!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment