Saturday, 7 January 2012

Rhino Head Mount


I love these animal heads.
They are slowly popping up everywhere.
I found mine at a kids clothing store.
It's made for pile wood & I had to put it together.
Yes, It would look good on the wall by it's self, but it needed more,
especially if it is going on Zac's bedroom door.
That door does get slammed a little bit.
Something a bit stronger!


Masters had just opened in Melbourne.
I got a hint from a friend who said you can get 
FREE sample sheets of wall paper.

I found the animal print below.



I bought a small wood plaque  

I used Mod Podge and glued the wall paper to the board

Once dry, cut the excess off

Tired a knot in some fishing wire

Hot glued the wire onto back of board.
Repeated with the other side

Let dry
Hang

DONE



Danielle

14 comments:

  1. That is fantastic. Saw it over on Positively Splendid and had to say "great job!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. the covered wood plaque makes all the difference! :)

    thanks for linking up to Make it Monday! I'll be sharing on the Brassy Apple FB wall and twitter too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, what a darling wall hanging for your son's room. Great job and thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO CUTE! Definatley going to try this!!! Stopping by from Southern Lovely..following you now, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! The animal print wallpaper adds an awesome touch!! I would love for you to come party today over at Passionatelyperfect.com!! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever!! I love the rhino! Super cute. Thanks for sharing at Oopsey Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! My little boy has been begging for an animal head for his room lol I'll have to start searching ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and clever! Thank for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! My son would love to have this in his room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that look! Would love for you to link up to the Tuesday To Do Party if you haven't already! http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-to-do-party-50-and-49-list.html
    Smiles~
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you used a mount. We have the white Rhino from Cardboard safari in my son's room come check it out http://chaoticallycreative.com/2012/02/05/gavins-world/
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you mounted the rhino! The fabric you chose is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the rhino - too cute! I have this linked to my animal art project post as well today, nice job!

    ReplyDelete