Saturday, 23 June 2012

School Chair Make Over



Yes, I found this chair on the nature strip (curb side)
Yes, I love free stuff,
No, I don't get embarrassed quickly stuffing it into the back of my car!

 It needed love.

 Daddy Moz comes to the rescue

A Router from Ryobi will cut the new wooden. seat out perfectly

 He attached a shape cutter with a bearing.

 Put the two boards together, flip, & then clamp together.


 Off it goes!


 How good is this Router!! 
My mine was working overtime about all the things I can get Daddy Moz to make now!!

A light sand.

Ready for painting.


 I wanted the distressed look, & we had NO paint brushes or rollers in house!!!
What is going on!
So I had to use a car washing sponge!
(Please don't do this at home)

The stencil I used is from Urban Stencils.

A trial run first.



A light sand over the top.
I also replaced the stoppers,
So overall it cost under $5 to Makeover!!






Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Love this cute chair! Great find. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the chair is so cute after you got your hands on it! I'd love if you linked this up to my link party!!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those looks so great! I wish I had some old chairs. Thanks for the inspiration! Newest GFC follower from Motivate Monday. Love for you to stop by and follow back.

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chair turned out so cute! You did a great job! I would love if you would share with my weekly linky party at Blog Stalking Thursday.
    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-stalking-thursday-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and cheery new chair--I love it! Love that you used what you had around and it worked out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! The stenciling really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle... I MUST have that chair!!! It looks PERFECT!!!!!! Really I LOVE IT!

    You are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality... right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this makeover--I love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Love the colour and your stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great! I wouldn't be embarrassed to stuff that into my car either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your chair is beautiful!!! Love the color and the stencils! I love free stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable and so creative. Hope you can link this up at my trendy tuesday party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/06/trendy-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute little chair! Love it! Just found you at Liz Marie Blog and would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! And I love that you used a car washing sponge ... I've had those same predicaments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute that turned out. I remember sitting in those chairs in school.

    ReplyDelete