Friday, 27 July 2012

String Wall Art - A Tutorial


I love string Artwork & I remembering doing it as a little girl.
It's so easy.
This is how to do it.

You need:
A piece of wood ( cork board works well too)
Nails
String
Hammer
Scissors
Cardboard
Paper
Pencil



Firstly use the cardboard & fold in half, draw 1 half of the love heart & cut out.


 Make sure it fits nicely.

Use the template & draw it onto the paper.
Stick it onto the board in place.


I draw the dots on the heart about .5 cm apart.
You can use it as a guide, because I didn't really stick to it.


Once done, carefully pull the paper off.


Hammer a nail in the middle too.




Start in the middle & tie it off.
Go down to the outside, wrap around, then back up into the middle.
Keep on going around & around.

Work your way up the middle of the nail as you go around. 
Picture above.

You can also make it on cork board. A lot easier to nail in.
Or
Do random string work, that looks really effective.

Next time I think I will make a huge one.


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I love these string plaques. They just look so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I have seen these on Pinterest and they are so cool! Plus I love the aqua background! Would love for you to share your quilt at the Pomp Party!

    www.createcraftlove.com/2012/07/pomp-party-28.html

    Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cool idea. Very creative with cool results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about this before but I really like this. I might try this out sometime soon and will let you know how it looks. Hopefully it can be as pretty as yours.
    I'm glad I stumbled on your blog from the made with love Link up!

    -Milynn
    Love and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen your post linked up to a few link parties and wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love it! I'm so glad I clicked over too, because, even though I've liked this technique for a while, I don't think I've seen an actual tutorial on how to do this. Thanks so much for creating the tutorial. I'll have to try this out now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great and creative. I hope you will link this up this week at The CSI Project. The challenge this week is Love themed. SO, this would be perfect. There are tutorials until Wednesday night then the competition begins. Come on over. We have a new craft challenge each week.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried a project like this, but mine didn't turn out--because I didn't put that nail in the middle! Thanks for the hint!
    I just found your blog and am happy to be your newest follower. i'd love it if you'd come on over to my blog and check it out!
    Nancy
    http://dosmallthingswithlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks so cute! i've never done it before...great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so creative!
    http://www.lighttrigger.net/2012/08/diy-almofada.html

    ReplyDelete