Monday, 13 August 2012

DIY Book Shelves


Zac's room is getting a big makeover.
I'm happy to focus on boys things for a while.

We are changing all of his furniture so he has more room to play.
Starting with a new wall mounting book shelf.

 There is a full tutorial HERE

I showed Daddy Moz & he put it all together.
They were simple to make.
(Well it looked like it anyway!)


We went to the bargain bin at Bunnings & got all the wood for $10

I put an undercoat on.

Daddy Moz cut & trimmed.

Nail gunned into place.


All done!

Marking the wall out.





I added some small canvas letters that I purchased from Typo.








It's so much cleaner & organised.
Zac loves it too!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great place for color books. I really like ​​this idea and performance. Greetings from me and the Country beyond the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look just like the ledges I bought from Ikea that I just used in a nursery. I love your idea on how to make them, especially if you don't have an Ikea near by. The READ is so darn cute! I have to pin this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featuring YOU today! :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/08/take-look-at-you-my-favorites_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I am creating a little reading corner for my daughter, and this is perfect inspiration.

    ReplyDelete