Friday, 3 August 2012

Industrial Filing Cabinet

This is probably one of the BEST Hard Waste items
 Daddy Moz & I have ever found.
What a BEAUTY!!!!

These fetch for thousands on ebay.

I was over the moon & knew exactly where it was going.







 Daddy Moz bent back into shape.

 It needed some TLC & a lot a nails.




 I gave it a scrub because it was really dirty, but I took too much off.
See below


At the time it seemed right to take all of the dirt, paint & greece off,
but comparing it to the other ones it didn't look right.

I wanted to get them back to how I found them.

So I wet some tea bags & wiped them over the drawers.
They darken a little, but them I got some black paint,
painted on & wiped off.
It worked.















This canvas was $7.50 form Typo. Impulse buy
I think I will replace it with something more family friendly.

 I also picked up this industrial lamp.





I LOVE IT!


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO jealous! That is just an amazing piece and it looks great in that space! If you get a sec I would be jazzed if you stopped by and linked up at my party {Get Schooled Saturday} going on right now!
    xxx
    Kim @ Too Much Time
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/08/get-schooled-saturday-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best piece of furniture I've seen for ages! I love it....and would steal it if humanly possible. Keep the print, skull anatomy may come in handy one day, you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky score! It looks great in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece of furniture! I know that I should not be jealous, but I am so jealous! Love that you kept the original look to it. Fantastic!

    Have a happy weekend!

    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. What a unique find! I’d love for you to link up this (and any other ideas you’d like to share) at "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too! And it was in such rough shape, now it just looks perfectly rustic in place:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fantastic! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! That is like a once in a lifetime find! It is wonderful and you did a great job fixing it up. I rather like how you have it styled (skull & all). I'm your newest follower.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Envious! It's awesome! What a gorgeous find! I love it! Looks beautiful for your space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great find. Love that you kept it with all of it's orignal charm.

    ReplyDelete