Sunday, 23 September 2012

Guest Post - A Bunch of Bishops

What a beautiful introduction from Janiene at A Bunch of Bishops,
no need to say anymore.....

Hello lovely Mini Moz followers! 
My name is Janiene and I blog over at A Bunch of Bishops.

I'm a Wife and a Mom of 3 :) I love the Lord and seek to glorify Him in all that I do. I drink iced coffee every day (confession, sometimes I drink it all day long). I like to mosaic, crochet and make things with paper (I love paper). I post on topics such as crafts, my kids, recipes, and my thoughts on life :) 

My favorite 3 posts would have to be... 




OK, enough about my blog!!! :)

Today, I'm here to share one of my all-time FAVORITE crafts... 

I have made hundreds of cards over the past decade and each one is unique and tailored to the event & person I am giving it to. That, it my opinion, is much more special than going to Hallmark :) 

Hand sewn greeting cards are super simple to make!
You need:
Card Stock Paper
Paper Cutter or Scissors
Fabric
Fabric Scissors
Needle & Thread
Envelope
Felt-tip Markers

For a wedding, I sew on a heart made with 2 different patterned fabrics, like this...

My simple "thank you" cards...

For encouragement cards I simply cut out a fabric heart and sew it on the paper (simple and beautiful)...

Today I had fun sewing a cross stitched heart onto a card (which I framed with a swirly heart that was hand drawn with a felt-tip black marker)... 

Want to know how I made the cross stitched card?
Here is how I made it...

I used a pencil to draw my pattern on the card.
Then I used my needle to poke all the holes that I had drawn...

I started stitching the card...

 When I finished all the stitching, I tied it off (this is the back view)...

Simple, Fun, Unique!
I hope you have fun creating your own Hand Sewn Greeting Cards!!

Thank you Mini Moz for welcoming me today to share my cards on your awesome blog!!


2 comments:

  1. These cards are awesome! The wedding one is so sweet! Definity much more of a heartfelt sentiment than Hallmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Janiene, and these cards look great!

    ReplyDelete